Please join a celebration to honor our veterans. Along with an expression of gratitude, the virtual event will include dialogue about furthering the Southern Company system’s excellence in attracting and retaining veteran teammates.
Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
9 to 10 a.m. Central (10 to 11 a.m. Eastern)
- Excellence in Recruitment
A conversation with Command Sergeant Major Paul Bell, Army National Guard, facilitated by Todd Griffith, recruitment consultant.
- Distinction in a Culture of Development, Inclusion & Retention
Panel discussion with
- Zach Rivera, former Green Beret
- John Calhoun, VetNet President
- Dana Claburn, Senior Production Officer, Southern Power
- Stan Connally, Executive Vice President of Operations, Southern Company
- Pete Sena, Executive Vice President and Chief Nuclear Officer, Southern Nuclear
Discussions will explore furthering a culture that enables the system’s veterans to thrive. Themes will include best practices and thought-provoking dialogue to strengthen and advance Southern Company’s excellence in attracting, developing and retaining military veterans, including the important role of diversity and inclusion. Perspectives from both outside and within the system will be featured.
Attendees will have an opportunity to submit questions of the speakers.